Sunday, November 8, 2009

Oh. Crap.

So Leighton Meester just released her music video for her new single Somebody To Love, and I watched it. And, oh crap. I think I like the song. I mean I like it in that "Oh noes this song is terrible. And annoying. Which means its the perfect combination to get hooked in my brain and I'll listen to it over and over and hate myself the entire time" sort of way. Kind of like with that damn Whatcha Say song - I only felt slightly better about that because with that big honkin' sample it was practically an Imogen Heap song anyway.

Supposedly this song is by "Leighton Meester ft. Robin Thicke" but I think Leighton sings more on Good Girls Go Bad, so between the two songs I'm still not exactly sure what she sounds like. Also I kind of love the opening lines: "Paris, France to Michigan/ London town and through Berlin." Look, I'm from Michigan so I know that one of those things is not like the other, but I can't really think of anything else to rhyme with Berlin myself, so I guess I will let it slide.

The jewelry Leighton rocks in this video is pretty out of control, but its nothing compared to that hat she's wearing when she's inexplicably sitting in the back of a limo. Also, is she wearing a jumpsuit with side cut outs and harem legs and glitter? That's in style now?! I really, really don't think my boy Tim Gunn would approve [though that jumpsuit does have more imagination than anything anyone has created on this season of Project Runway so maybe that fact alone would get him excited].

And Leighton's wearing those really long acrylic nails that I hate, you know those kind that the lady who is cashing you out at the supermarket is wearing and the whole time you are running through your debit card all you can hear is her tapping them impatiently and you're all like, hold your horses lady its the card machine that's slow not me and would you please stop tapping those nails because that sound is really annoying? Yeah those. Dolly Parton also wears them, but she wrote Jolene, so its cool.

Anyway, here's the video. And the hat and nails:


No comments: